Meet our Dentists
Dr. Nathaniel Renner is a native Greenevillian and graduated from Greeneville High School in 1998. He attended East Tennessee State University for his undergraduate studies, then received his DDS from the University of Tennessee Memphis in 2005. After practicing for a year in Johnson City, he joined Tusculum Dental Care in 2006.
Dr. Renner is a member of the American Dental Association, the Tennessee Dental Association, and the First District Dental Associations. He and his wonderful wife, Courtney, have three children, Jackson, Bryant and Allie.
Dr. Craig Shepherd is a native Greenevillian who graduated from Greeneville High School in 1978. After receiving a B.S. degree from the Tennessee Technological University in 1982, he went on to receive his DDS from the University of Tennessee Memphis in 1986. After practicing for 2 years in Knoxville, Tennessee, he opened his own practice in 1989, moving into the current facility in 1998.
Dr. Shepherd has received advanced training at the prestigious Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education as well as the Pride Institute. He maintains memberships in many professional organizations and strives to stay abreast of all the latest advances in dentistry.
He is a member of:
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Dental Association (serving in the House of Delegates and as Chairman of the Council for Scientific Meeting and Continuing Education)
- First District Dental Society (Past President & Executive Council)
- Northeast Tennessee Pankey Study Club
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Dr. Shepherd is active in our community where he serves in the Greene County Board of Health, and the Greeneville City School Board of Education
- He has also served on the Board of Trustees at Tusculum College and is a member and past president of Greeneville Rotary Club.
He married his wonderful wife, Natalie in 1989 and they have been blessed with 2 children, Ali and Eli, who attend Greeneville High School. Dr. Shepherd attends First Church of God and has served on the Locust Springs Christian Retreat Board of Directors.
Dr. Shepherd is a warm and caring dentist. He is proficient, professional and experienced in all aspects of dentistry. He has the ease and comfortable chair-side manner that keeps most of all patients laughing in the chair. He often says, “We’re all in this together,” and hopes to make both his patients and staff a part of his extended family.