Serving patients of Erwin, Jonesborough, and Greeneville, TN
Cosmetic dentistry uses advanced tools and techniques to improve the appearance of teeth. A bonding treatment is one of the most versatile techniques available to a well-trained cosmetic dentist like Greeneville’s Dr. Craig Shepherd at Tusculum Dental Care.
This page explains the various advantages of a cosmetic bonding treatment. However, the best way to find out if cosmetic bonding is right for you is to schedule a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Greeneville. Call Tusculum Dental Care at (423) 639-7575 to make your appointment.
Advantages of Cosmetic Bonding
Many patients find that a bonding treatment is right for them for the following reasons:
- Bonding is convenient. In the majority of cases, a cosmetic bonding treatment can be completed during a single appointment with your cosmetic dentist. By comparison, many other cosmetic procedures—such as the installation of porcelain veneers—require multiple office visits to be completed, and require the use of a dental laboratory to fabricate your restorations.
- Bonding is less expensive. Cosmetic dentistry involves using beautiful materials and state-of-the-art technology to produce amazing results that often perform at a higher level, functionally speaking. A bonding treatment, however, often is less expensive than many other cosmetic treatments because the key component of the procedure—the resin that is sculpted onto your tooth or teeth—costs less than other popular cosmetic materials, such as dental porcelain.
- Bonding is versatile. A bonding procedure can correct many different minor appearance issues, often at the same time. Bonding addresses aesthetic flaws such as teeth that are slightly broken, chipped, cracked, discolored, misshapen, too short, or have experienced the erosion of enamel. A bonding treatment also can conceal a gap between teeth, or protect tooth roots that were exposed as a consequence of gum recession.
- Bonding stabilizes the tooth. Your cosmetic dentist sculpts the resin directly onto the tooth. Once hardened under a special light, the bond makes a tight seal on the tooth, which prevents the accumulation of bacteria and plaque underneath it.
- Bonding can be used to repair tooth decay. The resin used in a bonding procedure can serve as the material for a tooth-colored filling. This choice is advantageous compared to using a traditional metal filling made of dental amalgam to fill a small filling. Metallic fillings expand and contract more quickly due to temperature changes that occur naturally in the mouth when you eat and drink, which causes teeth to crack.
Choose the Right Cosmetic Dentist
Just as a skilled professional needs the right tool for the job, the success and effectiveness of a procedure such as cosmetic bonding depends on choosing the right cosmetic dentist to perform the treatment. A well-trained, experienced cosmetic dentist will use their professional judgment and expertise to choose the right materials, mix the colors to match the shade of your other natural, healthy teeth, then use their professional technique to apply and sculpt the layers of resin onto your teeth.
Dental Bonding in Greeneville
If you would like to see what a cosmetic bonding treatment can do to improve the appearance of your smile, call the office of Tusculum Dental Care today at (423) 639-7575 to schedule a consultation,
Tusculum Dental Care is proud to care for patients in the areas of Greeneville, Jonesborough, and Erwin in Tennessee.