Serving patients of Erwin, Jonesborough, and Greeneville TN
Going to the dentist invokes fear and anxiety in some people. But, we have found that many times, these uneasy feelings are caused by patients not knowing what to expect. If you’ve ever wanted to enhance your smile at the dentist, but your fears are holding you back, we want to put your mind at ease by sharing what it’s like to visit a cosmetic dentist in Greeneville.
Let’s start with a consultation
To help patients feel more comfortable and assess their oral care needs, we begin with a consultation. During this visit, our Erwin cosmetic dentists will ask what you would like to change about your smile or what it is about your teeth that bother you.
Common cosmetic dental problems include:
- Crooked teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Stains that do not go away
- Teeth that are missing
- Uneven, misshapen teeth
- Gummy smile
Then, the dentist will take a look at your teeth to assess your oral health. Digital x-rays may be needed to provide a complete picture of your jawbone structure and tooth roots. The information gathered in this assessment is necessary before beginning treatment. It is important to address any oral health problems such as gum disease or tooth decay. Investing in cosmetic dentistry wouldn’t make much sense if we placed new porcelain veneers over teeth that were decaying. Additionally, gum disease worsens without treatment and leads to tooth loss if not treated properly. And, healthy jawbone is required for certain treatments.
Finally, during this meeting, we will share with you the best options to enhance your smile. Along with recommending the best options for your smile needs, we also can review your dental insurance benefits and determine an estimate for how much your treatments will cost.
Common cosmetic dental treatments include:
- Cosmetic Bonding – This treatment involves a single trip to our office. We use a tooth-colored resin that bonds directly over your teeth. It cures within seconds using a special curing light. Ideal for repairing one or two teeth, cosmetic bonding provides natural-looking results that blend with your other teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Professional teeth whitening provides the most dramatic, longest-lasting results than out of the box treatments you can purchase in stores. If you’re happy with the shape and alignment of your teeth but just want it to appear brighter and whiter, in-office whitening treatments may be the right choice for you. We also offer take-home trays and pre-filled trays that allow you to whiten your teeth at home using professional-grade whitening gel.
- Veneers – Made entirely of dental porcelain that looks like real tooth enamel, veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments. They can be used to completely revamp your entire smile, closing gaps, addressing unevenly sized teeth, and are known as instant orthodontics because they can make your teeth appear straight without braces. Getting veneers requires two appointments, although it is well worth the wait.
- Dental Implants – Replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant provides the most natural results. Dental implants are most like a real tooth than any other replacement option. Candidates must be in good overall health and have enough stable jawbone to support the implant.
Cosmetic Dentists in Greeneville, Erwin, and Jonesborough
If you wish to enhance your smile or change something about your teeth, contact a cosmetic dentist near you in Greeneville today. Our office can be reached by calling (423) 639-7575.