Serving patients of Erwin, Jonesborough, and Greeneville, TN
Are you searching for a convenient, comfortable, economical way to replace your missing teeth? Let the expert Greeneville cosmetic dentists at Tusculum Dental Care restore your smile with a beautiful, high-quality dental bridge.
“Bridge” the gap in your smile
Tusculum Dental Care can use a dental bridge to replace a single lost tooth or several missing teeth that were adjacent to one another in the mouth. A cosmetic dentist uses a dental bridge to fill the gap where those lost teeth once resided. Once a bridge has been installed, you restore your smile, along with your ability to eat and chew. Replacing missing teeth also prevents the “sunken-in” facial appearance that is a common long-term consequence for people living with tooth loss.
A dental bridge consists of the replacement tooth or teeth. Also referred to as a pontic, the replacement teeth are matched to the color of your other adjacent healthy teeth so that it is indistinguishable in your mouth when installed. A dental bridge has dental crowns at each end, allowing the bridge to connect to adjacent teeth or dental implants in your mouth. Then the bridge is bonded, serving as a fixed tooth replacement.
Tusculum Dental Care offers these varieties of bridges:
- PFM: Also known as porcelain-fused-to-metal, this type of bridge has a durable metal sub-structure, which then is covered by dental porcelain—a beautiful and high-quality material that reflects light the same way as natural tooth enamel. The metal sub-structure gives a dental bridge enough strength to stand up to exertions of force in areas of the mouth that undergo a high amount of stress.
- Prettau Zirconia: A state-of-the-art treatment option, the bridge of replacement teeth is made of zirconia, a biocompatible material with a high bending strength. Unlike a traditional bridge, a Prettau Zirconia bridge is anchored into the mouth by several dental implants that are inserted surgically into the jawbone.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Comfortable. Unlike dentures, which can slip or shift, a dental bridge is a fixed replacement that is bonded directly into the mouth and will remain stable.
- Convenient. You do not have to remove a dental bridge to maintain it; just brush it as you would your natural, healthy teeth. Because a dental bridge is a fixed replacement, you also can continue to eat whatever you like without worrying about your food choices damaging your new replacement teeth.
- Cost-effective. Although the costs of each procedure vary somewhat on a case-by-case basis, receiving a dental bridge has an affordable upfront cost compared to other tooth replacement options available.
- Durable. The typical lifespan of a dental bridge is approximately 10 years, although oral hygiene is necessary to maintain the longevity of your new replacement teeth.
Is a dental bridge right for me?
For a dental bridge to be a successful treatment, the surrounding teeth need to be in good condition. Your gums and supporting bone structure should be healthy as well. Tusculum Dental Care will not install a bridge if a patient suffers from gum disease. Click here to learn more about periodontal disease, and how your Jonesborough dentists treat this infection.
Dental Bridges in Greeneville
To find out more about bridges or any of the other tooth replacement treatment options available at Tusculum Dental Care, call (423) 639-7575 to schedule a consultation.
Tusculum Dental Care is here to serve clients in the areas of Greeneville, Jonesborough, and Erwin, Tennessee.