Serving patients of Erwin, Jonesborough, and Greeneville TN
Everyone benefits from consistent visits to the dentist. That’s why the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that everyone, beginning as early as their first birthday, sees the dentist once every six months. We understand that life is hectic, but it’s important to make your oral health a priority and keep any scheduled appointments. Read on as Tusculum Dental Care gives you 6 reasons why it’s a bad idea to skip your next appointment.
What happens during a dental checkup
Each checkup at Tusculum Dental Care includes the following:
- An examination of your teeth and mouth
- An oral cancer screening
- A professional dental cleaning
- Your dentist also may take X-rays of your teeth and mouth.
Routine dental visits are important because they are part of a proactive approach. Regular care from an oral health professional helps to prevent problems from arising, or it keeps a small problem from becoming more serious. At Tusculum Dental Care, we believe that prevention is not expensive, but neglect is!
6 Reasons to keep your appointment
- Cavity prevention: Cavities are among the most common and dreaded dental problems. But you can lower your risk of tooth decay through regular checkups. At each checkup, we perform a professional cleaning. This procedure completely removes any buildup of tartar or plaque – the main causes of cavities.
- Gum disease prevention: Plaque and tartar are not only the leading causes for cavities, but are also the main culprits leading to gum disease, which stems from a bacterial infection of your gum tissue. If detected in its early stage, known as gingivitis, gum disease and any damage done to your mouth can be reversed.
- Early detection: When it comes to your oral health, as with your overall health, it’s always better to identify a potential problem before it becomes an actual issue. Your dentist has the training and experience to detect a dental problem before you might start feeling symptoms or see any visual evidence..
- Preservation: Regular dental visits help to prevent cavities and gum disease, or catch them in their early stages before they have the chance to lead to tooth loss. Losing a permanent tooth can affect your nutrition, your appearance, your self-esteem and can make you more susceptible to additional tooth loss.
- Less discomfort: When you get a cavity, you literally have a hole in your tooth. This can be painful. Many other dental issues also can cause discomfort. By staying on top of your oral health and being proactive, and any problems can be prevented or treated in their early stages, you’re saving yourself a world of future discomfort.
- Positive impact on your overall health: If there is a problem with your dental health, the symptoms can have domino-like effects on other aspects of your well-being. Regular dental checkups help you to maintain good oral and general health, in addition to preserving your smile.
General dentistry in Erwin, Jonesborough, and Greeneville, Tennessee
At Tusculum Dental Care, our team of oral health professionals is eager to help make your dental cleaning or routine examination a comfortable, stress-free experience. We strive to provide a soothing environment for our patients. Our tools and techniques are cutting-edge and our procedures are at the forefront of modern dentistry.
Have you lapsed in your schedule of regular dental visits? Now is a great time to get back on track. Contact Tusculum Dental Care by calling (423) 639-7575 to schedule a consultation.